Filter by Category
College Transitions (Machias-Wed)
with Michael Brown
With support from College Transitions instructors and advisers, you will prepare for college success by reviewing and improving your skills in:
- English (Critical Reading & College Writing)
- Computer skills
And learning new skills:
- College Success Preparation
- College Planning & Tour of college campuses
- File the FAFSA (Federal Application for Financial Student Aid)
- Apply and submit college applications
- Research available scholarships and receive support in applying for them
Instructors: Michael Brown and Lee Rose
For more information, contact Sharon Foss, Axiom Education Coordinator: 207-255-4917
Or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
College Transitions Math Class
with George McBride
College Transitions Math helps college-bound and college-enrolled students gain the math skills they need to succeed in college. Students will learn concepts and develop procedural skills to meet core adult education standards in applications of understanding numbers and operations, algebra and functions, gemoetry, and data, probability, and statistical measurement.
Course materials provided.
Calculators are allowed in testing for HiSET math, and gaining proficiency in calcutor use is part of the curriculum.
This class is not graded. Opportunities are offered for students to take practice tests to determine individual preparedness for college classes.
Class sessions are 10 weeks long.
For more information, contact Sharon Foss, 207-255-4917, or Email: email@example.com
Math Tutoring (Machias-Tues)
with George McBride
Develop skills that can lead to completing high school credentials. Build foundational math skills to find success in the workplace, refresh skills after a long time away from school, and get started earning high school graduation credentials.
Tuesday mornings, 9 - 10am.
For more information or to enroll, contact the
AETC Education Coordinator, Sharon Foss: 207-255-4917
with Lee Rose
WorkReady is designed to provide the skills and requirements that employers look for in current and future employees.
- Learn how to seek & apply for jobs effectively
- Find out what employers expect from you— straight from the source
- Understand how to better use your personal strengths to your advantage
- Network and perform mock interviews
- Practice working in a team environment
- Acquire social skills needed to be a better employee
- Create a resume and cover letter
This is a free, proven way to improve your odds of getting a job and staying employed. Whether you're just entering the workforce or have years of experience, this program will help you advance your career.
For more information or to arrange classes for your workplace, contact Sharon Foss at Axiom Education and Training Center, 207-255-4917 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.