Filter by Category
Introduction to Massage
with Faeterri Silver
This two hour workshop covers what massage is and its benefits, basic techniques, and information about schools and programs in the area. Handout materials and healthy snacks will be provided.
Date, Time: Tuesday, Dec 12, 5:30-7 p.m.
Location: Machias High School, 1 Bulldog Lane, Machias
New to DownEast Maine, Faeterri Silver brings with her a wealth of knowledge as the owner and instructor of The Vermont School of Professional Massage (500-765 hour program,1989-2006). Additionally she is a fermentista, a no-till organic gardener, seed saver, wild plant identifier, nutritionist, and more. She has been a wellness practitioner for over 35 years.
Robotics And Other Equipment for Loan
Axiom Education & Training Center and STEM Guides Downeast have LEGO Mindstorms EV3 Robotics sets plus Renewable Energy kits and a Space Challenge set for EV3, LEGO We Do 2.0 sets, links to download education packages to go along with the LEGO sets, Pandemic Board Games, and a Sunspotter Telescope to loan out to schools, libraries, and robotics teams in Washington County. The robotics equipment was purchased with a grant from the Maine Community Foundation.
- 8 LEGO Mindstorms EV3 Robotics sets
- 8 EV3 Renewable Energy Add-on Set
- 1 EV3 Space Challenge Set
- Unlimited LEGO® MINDSTORMS® Education EV3 Downloads
- 8 LEGO® Education WeDo 2.0 Core Set
- Unlimited WeDo Education Downloads
- 4 Pandemic Board Games
- 1 Sunspotter Telescope
To reserve, please visit: https://booking.nitrogen.life/s/business/aetc-stem
For more information, contact Axiom 207-255—4917 or email email@example.com.
with Lee Rose
WorkReady is designed to provide the skills and requirements that employers look for in current and future employees.
- Learn how to seek & apply for jobs effectively
- Find out what employers expect from you— straight from the source
- Understand how to better use your personal strengths to your advantage
- Network and perform mock interviews
- Practice working in a team environment
- Acquire social skills needed to be a better employee
- Create a resume and cover letter
This is a free, proven way to improve your odds of getting a job and staying employed. Whether you're just entering the workforce or have years of experience, this program will help you advance your career.
For more information or to arrange classes for your workplace, contact Sharon Foss at Axiom Education and Training Center, 207-255-4917 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.